    Mozilla?

    Any help is appreciated.

    --Mark

    Mark, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Mark

    Gunther Guest

    MozillaFirebird is cuter, smaller, faster, better.
    Also shinier, better smelling and just plain nice!

    I should know, I use both.
    Actually, I rarely use mozilla (proper), since firebird
    does all I want, except I miss the composer.
    I especially like many of the available extensions for
    firebird: I couldn't live without adblock, nuke-image,
    and flash-click-to-view. Great stuff.

    Gunther

    Gunther, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Mark

    Keith Bowes Guest

    I'd disagree. Firebird is a major PITA.
    Hem. I've wondered what the point of adblock is. The ads still
    download and display, then they disappear and ruin the page's aesthetics
    in the process.

    Keith Bowes, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Mark

    Gunther Guest

    THIS >>-------------------->>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    is the point.

    The kinds of ads I'm talking about appear on
    web pages where aesthetics play a very minor rĂ´le.
    I particularly hate any that move/blink/thrust
    or otherwise distract my eye.

    Gunther, Aug 26, 2003
  5. To each his own, its my default browser.
    I've never used adblock. I do use Flash click to view, to get rid of the
    annying flash ads jumping around, and I wouldn't be without it. I also
    set animated gifs to loop only once, which is enough to let me know a
    gif is animted, and the it stops bothering me.

    I'm curious, you call FB a PITA, but give no specifics as to why. Its a
    little hard to discuss a problem if you don't let us know what it is.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Aug 26, 2003
  6. Mark

    desertstorm Guest

    I became curious as a result of this post an downloaded Firebird and
    installed it. It works fine so far, however I detected trouble with the
    print function. Firebird would not allow me to print certain pages.
    That a known bug?
    d.

    desertstorm, Aug 31, 2003