    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Chehsss

    Chehsss, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Chehsss

    Doug G Guest

    Are you using Mozilla 1.7.8?
    If you get an error message when you try to post, what does it say?

    Try File > Get Next XXX News Messages, or try changing the "Ask me
    before downloading more than XXX messages" setting in the news account's
    Server Settings.

    Doug G, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Chehsss

    Chehsss Guest

    No error message. In fact it's telling me that my message was posted.
    Then I look at the board on goggle, and , well, nuthin'. It's the
    darnedest thing. I have the box for XXX messages unchecked completely.
    It downloaded all the messages from a particular newgroup (2,293 or
    so). Then, it would tell me every so often that a new message was
    posted but only about 5% of them. I know this because I was using
    google groups all the while. I can't figure it out.

    Then, I set up OE and it downloaded the same messages and left the same
    ones out!?

    Does this have to do with filters that the creators of the newsgroup
    can set? This particular group is self-moderated, so I don't think so,
    especially since the generic Google can handle /all/ content.

    Thanks
    Chehsss

    Chehsss, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Chehsss

    Chehsss Guest

    p.s. Oh sorry, Yes I am using Moz 1.7.8

    Chehsss, Jun 17, 2005
  5. Chehsss

    Doug G Guest

    Google Groups updates their newsgroups three or four times a day. You
    may have to wait six hours before you see your posts there.

    Google Groups keeps newsgroup posts forever. Ask your ISP how long its
    news server retains posts. Comcast's old news server retained binary
    posts about 48 hours, text posts about 6 months.

    Doug G, Jun 18, 2005
  6. Chehsss

    Chehsss Guest

    No, I can carry on conversations on google almost real time. It's when
    I tried Moz that the problems began. The more I look at it, the more it
    seems to be the same users who get through on Moz newsreader. But all
    get through immediately--according to the time signatures (in the
    headers)--on google.

    Thanks again

    Chehsss

    Chehsss, Jun 18, 2005
  7. Chehsss

    Nobody Guest

    Aren't you confusing <chat> services on Google with <news groups>?

    Nobody, Jun 18, 2005
  8. Chehsss

    Posco Guest

    Are you sure that this isn't an ISP/provider rather than software? I was
    missing messages using ntlworld, I have recently changed to
    readfreenews.net and I am getting more messages.

    Posco

    Posco, Jun 18, 2005
  9. Chehsss

    Splibbilla Guest

    i haven't really read through the thread, but just use xnews.

    it looks weirder than it actually is. you'll begin liking it soon.

    though it's got defects like every other bit of software, or like anything or anybody!

    anybody except Parker Posey. except she smokes. so yeah, everybody's imperfect.

    Splibbilla, Jun 25, 2005