    the previously-white backround in the find box turns reddish pink and
    you get an error message "phrase not found".

    The reddish-pink color just scares the living f--- outta me. I hate it.

    Radium, Mar 16, 2007

  2. Radium

    Ed Mullen Guest

    The last release was, I believe, version 1.7.13 on 19-Apr-2006. And
    that update was only for security fixes.

    The current suite replacement is SeaMonkey 1.1.1.

    Ed Mullen, Mar 16, 2007

  3. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Huh? My Mozilla Suite is version 1.8b

    Radium, Mar 17, 2007
  4. I'm sure someone here can probably come up with some userChrome code to
    kill the red. I'm not too fond of the red either, but it only shows when a
    word wasn't found, and I so rarely use the page search that it is hardly a
    problem for me. Perhaps using another theme would cause the find color to
    be different. I'm still pretty happy with Firefox. Sure it has a few
    issues, but when compared with other browsers, these issues seem to be very
    small. All I ever care about is that they always have in options for users
    to configure it as they prefer, either in the UI, or at least through
    about:config. In almost all areas, Firefox is easy to configure to fit most
    people's needs. The color for the "phrase not found" currently isn't one of
    them, but that hardly makes the browser smell bad.

    FoxWolfie Galen, Mar 17, 2007
  5. Radium

    Radium Guest

    The following is OT but I'll add anyway. Due to some hellish
    subconscious experience of mine that I'm not able to remember
    [psychogenic amnesia], the appearance of reddish-pink or orangish-
    yellow [the color of cheddar cheese] causes me to experience intense
    feelings of fear and disgust. For me, the worst color would be
    patterns of orangish-yellow alongside patterns of reddish-pink.
    Whenever I see such colors, I enter a dissociative state of negative
    emotions.

    As for red color alone, I actually like it. I like seeing patterns of
    pure red alongside patterns of green. I especially like dark pure red
    [the color of oxyhemoglobin mixed with char and smoke] alongside
    yellowish-green [lime green].

    Radium, Mar 17, 2007
  6. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Well, Ed? You say that the latest version is 1.7.13 but I have an even
    more advanced 1.8b version. What do you gotta say to that?

    Radium, Mar 17, 2007
  7. Radium

    Ed Mullen Guest

    My my. Getting a wee bit testy there aren't we?

    No, I said 1.7.13 is the last "release." 1.8b is a Beta, not a final
    release.

    Ed Mullen, Mar 17, 2007
  8. Radium

    elaich Guest

    IIRC, there were a few beta 1.8 versions. This was during the period that
    the Seamonkey project was getting underway. They picked it up and ran with
    it, allowing Mozilla to drop it as planned.

    C'mon, this guy is so out of the loop that he doesn't even know that the
    Mozilla suite was dropped. He's had his 15 minutes of fame, so why are we
    feeding him?

    elaich, Mar 17, 2007
  9. Radium

    contrex Guest

    Radium is a well known troll on many other groups. i think he is maybe
    mentally sick, or "special" in some way.

    contrex, Mar 18, 2007
  10. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Well, Ed?! I *am* using Mozilla Suite! WTF did you say "Then why
    aren't you using Mozilla to post

    No offense. Please don't get mad.

    Radium, Mar 27, 2007