    bookmarks?

    Thank you in advance,
    Shaji.

    shaji, Aug 23, 2005

  2. On Firefox 1.0.6 you need to go to the Bookmarks tab and go to Manage
    Bookmarks...

    Then go to the File option in the upper left of the window and choose
    Export. From there you can tell the program where to store the exported
    bookmarks, like on your floppy diskette or a shared folder.

    On your new system do the same thing but pick Import instead of Export and
    you should be able to load them back into the new system.

    GlowingBlueMist, Aug 23, 2005

  3. You could use MozBackup http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/ . This will
    preserve all of the settings in your profile, including your bookmarks.

    HTH

    --
    "I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says
    something about human nature that the only form of life we have created

    -- Stephen Hawking --

    The Six Million Dollar Man, Aug 24, 2005
  4. shaji

    Ed Mullen Guest

    There is no need to use a specialized, single-purpose backup program,
    nor to futz around with export and import to accomplish this. See this
    link about transferring your profile:
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#transferring

    And remember to backup your profile on a VERY regular basis.

    Ed Mullen, Aug 24, 2005
  5. shaji

    fitwell Guest

    Or you can just get an extension to do that for you. Bookmark Backup
    can be found here:

    http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/?extension=bb

    I then periodically go to the folder I've chosen and snag the latest
    html file exported to and save that in a separate folder with the
    current date. Whatever works for you. :eek:D

    fitwell, Sep 11, 2005