    Is the Mozilla 1.5b browser much more secure than IE ? Thanks for
    your comments.
    Steve

    Steve H., Sep 16, 2003

  2. yes.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Steve H.

    sponge Guest

    Virtually anything is more secure than IE. IE is probably the most
    insecure application in existence today, at least the most insecure
    popular app.

    Mozilla is extremely safe. I recommend setting it up to block
    third-party cookies though (or, as they call it, Enable cookies for
    the originating site only) and to block off-site images (Accept images
    the come from the originating server only, as they call it), which is
    an extremely powerful security and privacy feature.
    You can also make cookies session-only. IE can't do the latter two,
    not to mention a ton of other things like blocking pop-ups.

    Sponge
    Sponge's Anti-Spyware Source
    www.geocities.com/yosponge

    sponge, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Steve H.

    Graeme Guest

    Cookies "Session Only" -- in IE6 go to Tools/Internet Options
    /Privacy/Advanced---
    Check Override Automatic cookie Handling -- Block First Party and Third
    Party Cookies whichever you prefer or both then Tick "Always Allow Session
    Cookies".
    I think this will give you the same result .
    You can block all images on I E with the "Toggle Images"part of the Web
    Accessories download installed .
    I agree if Pop Ups annoy you IE cannot handle that but is that a security
    measure ?

    Graeme D

    Graeme, Sep 18, 2003

  5. pop-ups are filled with everything from spy-ware to blatant trojans, let
    alone filling your cache with porn.

    for IE, a simple but effective pop-up blocker, if you must use IE is the
    new 2.0+ google toolbar.

    toolbar.google.com

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Sep 18, 2003
  6. Steve H.

    donut Guest

    I personally don't care if IE can do everything that Mozilla Firebird can -
    it's Microsoft and has been proven vulnerable time after time. I don't use
    it.

    donut, Sep 18, 2003
  7. Steve H.

    Graeme Guest

    Cannot argue with that reasoning, we all have our personal preferences. I
    was just pointing out that IE was capable of some of the the functions
    mentioned once you become familiar with the Settings .

    Graeme

    Graeme, Sep 19, 2003
  8. Is this one of the differences between IE5.5 and IE6? If not how do I
    achieve the same result in IE5.5?

    Chris Mitchell, Sep 21, 2003
  9. Steve H.

    Graeme Guest

    To be honest I have been using IE6 for a long time I cannot recall what
    differed to IE5.5. I understand IE6 was supposed to include additional
    Security fixes .

    Graeme

    Graeme, Sep 21, 2003
  10. This is the best and smartest pop up blocking software and I love it. It is
    popup block found at www.popupblock.net.

    spikienetter692, Sep 25, 2003

    David Postill, Sep 26, 2003