Moz1.7.5. Multiple profiles, profiles lacking email accts crash. oops

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Splibbilla, Mar 21, 2005.

  1. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    Multiple Moz Suite profiles. I've never setup any mail in some of the profiles.

    A few times, while browsing, I'll click on a webmaster link to send a minor note to improve the page.
    Moz compose pops up as expected.
    I see the proper send-to.
    I see a send-from: ""

    All works fine, until I click on Send button. Then a ("sending"..) msg pops up telling me it's using a certain IP (IP for my ISP's
    mail server ...?) I assume Moz mail has "grabbed" this IP from another Moz profile.

    But it all just hangs. I can copy the body of msg. But, the subject line and sendto are greyed and uncopyable.

    After a bit of patient waiting, I cancel the "sending" popup. Moz crashes (incl browser) and I get the talkback popup.

    -----
    I've just now had this occur, so I immediately restarted Moz browser, clicked on Mail&Newsgroups icon (at lower left), and
    setup a mail acct for this profile.

    I went to the same webpage, clicked the same mail link, and all of the above worked fine.

    I guess Moz suite needs some kind of error check, when a profile lacks any email accounts. However, Moz has been given the
    Pink Slip, and warm-blooded critters are taking over the kingdom... :)

    so.. this is just trivia :-/

    Splibbilla, Mar 21, 2005