    progress bar. It just seems to hang there. Have tried 2 other browsers
    and no problem with either one of those. I'm lost. Any ideas?

    Thanks

    TheGateKeeper, Apr 4, 2004

  2. TheGateKeeper

    Moz Champion Guest

    Are you using a proxy? Were you using a proxy with the dial up?

    Moz Champion, Apr 5, 2004

  3. No. Wasn't on dial-up and am not on cable.

    TheGateKeeper, Apr 6, 2004
  4. TheGateKeeper

    Moz Champion Guest

    Okay, please provide a page where you are experiencing this problem.

    Moz Champion, Apr 6, 2004

  5. Just went to download.com. Tried to dl three different apps. No luck
    with any of them. The download progress window came up with 8 sec for
    elapsed time. Nothing going on in progress bar. Zone Alarm doesn't
    show anything going in or out.
    Outgoing mail from TheGateKeeper is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system.
    Version: 6.0.614/virus Database:393/release Date:3-5-04

    TheGateKeeper, Apr 7, 2004
  6. TheGateKeeper

    Moz Champion Guest

    Um as a first step, turn OFF Zonealarm and try again

    what was the name of the apps?

    Moz Champion, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Well.Looks like ZA was the problem. I turned it off and downloaded 2
    files without a hitch. I have used it for a couple of years and this
    is the first problem I have encountered. I'll just have to shut it off
    next time to download using Moz. Or is there a setting in ZA I can
    change? Kind of a pain to re-boot to get it back up and running.
    Thanks for the help!

    TheGateKeeper, Apr 7, 2004
  8. TheGateKeeper

    Moz Champion Guest

    Zone alarm is blocking the downloads, you can get help here
    http://www.computercops.biz/forum23.html
    for zone alarm questions, just post there and state that if you turn ZoneAlarm on, you cant download. I am sure someone will be able to assist you with it

    Moz Champion, Apr 8, 2004
  9. Another excellent place to seek help with ZoneAlarm is their user forum:

    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

    Your problem may be related to your "Mobile Code" setting in ZoneAlarm.
    See: http://tinyurl.com/2ybnc
    and: http://tinyurl.com/yu4ht

    While you're there, search for the keyword "download" for more info.

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 8, 2004