    Is there a setting or option that needs adjusting somewhere?

    TIA
    dw

    dw, Oct 19, 2003

  2. dw

    Peter Buder Guest

    i have tried to change from ie to mozilla 1.4 and i got the same problems. i
    did not find out what is wrong. can someone help?
    peter

    Peter Buder, Oct 21, 2003

  3. dw

    dantu Guest

    Consitant failure to get a url with that error could indicate that your
    DNS is incorrect.
    But in the first case (implied in the second) it would 'clear up' after
    multiple tries, so its probably not a pure DNS issue.

    Are either of you using proxies? Both on dialup? Can you get mail when
    this is going on? Perhaps your connection is slow?

    dantu, Oct 22, 2003
  4. dw

    Peter Buder Guest

    hi
    it all works fine with billies ie and it did work with SOME url, using
    firebird - but nothing using mozilla 1.4. i'm using no proxy - using a dial
    up connection and isdn. i don't think it is a DNS-problem but i have no
    idea, what it could be, what is wrong.
    peter

    Peter Buder, Oct 22, 2003
  5. dw

    dantu Guest

    Peter

    In your case, and only yours, do you ever get connected even
    after multiple tries?

    dantu, Oct 23, 2003
  6. dw

    Peter Buder Guest

    hi dantu
    no, that didn't work either but... :) i think i solved the problem, though
    i dont know how. nevermind, it works. both mozilla AND firebird.
    thank's for helping
    peter

    Peter Buder, Oct 23, 2003