moving to cell Y if cell X has value Z.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Clarke Rice, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Clarke Rice

    Clarke Rice Guest

    Folks,

    I recieved the following query from my gf this morning - and have no idea
    how it is done. She's recently change job, old textbooks are in transit
    and new employer hasn't set her up for newsgroups.

    All help appreciated - if you are posting can you also mail me please -
    clarke w rice At yahoo dot co dot uk

    Thanks

    ---
    I'm fiddling with Visual Basic [Excel] and I now don't have my trusty VB
    textbook I had in old office and help files aren't installed in this
    computer.

    What I'm trying to do is have a combobox linked to a cell and then have a
    command box I click on and whatever name is in linked cell I'm takien to a
    certian cell within spreadsheet eg If A12 = Mike then take me to cell A20.

    I canget the IF = bit, but I'm having trouble with 'take me to this cell
    bit' and as help files aren't installed here can u have a alook for me on
    your PC and let me know? Ta muchly !

    Clarke Rice, Jun 30, 2003