    them on the new. Is the only was to do this is by copying the files to a cd.
    What files can I back and reinstall on my new hard drive. Thank you in
    advance for any information you give me.

    Guest, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    cherrieweb-
    SFC from a command prompt would be an option if you have your WinXP CD in
    relation to your "missing .dll files and only if they are Windows .dll files.
    If you make your old drive a slave and make your new drive a master, you
    could perform a clean installation of Windows on the master drive and access
    any old files on the(old)slave drive.
    In any event, if you are missing "third party software" .dll's you will
    probably have to reinstall the programs(this would be the easiest) if your
    old hard drive is to remain the master drive.
    After physically installing the (new) master hard drive, make sure your BIOS
    Boot Configuration is set: #1 Boot Device-CD Drive #2 Boot Device-HDD #3
    Boot Device-Network or FDD...boot from WinXP CD and perform a clean
    installation of Windows XP. A clean installation of XP can be done from an
    "upgrade CD with qualifying product".
    Hope this helps!

    Guest, Feb 2, 2006