    computer up and running I can just pull them up and go from there. OR if
    there is a easier way I would LOVE to do that. I do NOT have a burner on
    the old computer. THANKS for ANY ideas. Kim

    Scott, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Scott

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Do both computers have NICs (network interface cards) in them? If so, get a
    crossover cable, and run the "Home Networking Setup Wizard". If your new
    computer runs XP, it will copy data, settings, etc. from the old computer to
    the new one (for most versions - it doesn't run Win95 or W2k).

    If you don't have NICs in them, consider it - around here they run about $10
    each, and a cable for $5.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Scott

    doS Guest

    Email is easier.

    doS, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Scott

    Toolman Tim Guest

    True. Email is easier. I'm just used to needing to move a lot more than a
    few favorites. Like my databases, my address books, my existing email files,
    my MP3s, etc. MUCH too much data to consider emailing them to myself.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Scott

    doS Guest

    Get a USB pen jumpdrive, I got one, wonderful to say the least...

    doS, Jul 6, 2004
  6. Scott

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Excellent idea! I bet it won't cost much more than the two NICs and cable,
    either. I also have a USB 2.0 hard drive enclosure with a 10G drive in it.
    Makes a *big* transfer job easy. I use it to "backup" peoples data onsite
    before repairs.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 6, 2004
  7. Scott

    WormWood Guest

    In OE, File / Import.....This is one of the easier tasks done by OE.

    WormWood, Jul 6, 2004