    how is the size of file?

    3. Is the AF feature available in movie mode?

    I'll be glad if any of you can provide me these information. Thanks.

    TK, Jul 21, 2009

  2. TK

    Alienjones Guest

    The movie mode mat disappoint you unless you are willing to spend a lot
    of time learning how to get the best from it.

    No AF in movie mode. Auto EI in movie mode may not suit you.

    This is about the D90 but it applies to the D5000 too.
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=146661

    Good luck.

    Alienjones, Jul 21, 2009

  3. TK

    Rich Guest

    Yes, on one camera: The Panasonic GH1.

    Rich, Jul 21, 2009
  4. TK

    TK Guest

    Thanks for the link... answer many of my questions... how is the file
    size? please help for Question 1 and 2... thanks

    TK, Jul 21, 2009
  5. TK

    Alienjones Guest

    Speaking of which...
    Mine has yet to arrive. Slow boat from China perhaps? LOL.

    You really don't want to shoot in low resolution - for any reason. The
    results are pretty average. In 720 mode you get some jaggie edges on
    horizontal lines sometimes but it's the only mode worth using.

    I don't know the answer to the first two questions so I didn't answer them.

    We use a 16 gig card and take about 5 - 10 minutes of video and 300
    still shots in RAW + JPEG at weddings without filling the card.

    Somehow I don't thing storage is going to be your problem. 8 gig cards
    are pretty cheap so having a few isn't going to break the bank.

    If you want to get exceptional video you need a big lens. This could
    cost you bucks. Learning how to take a movie without the now familiar
    zoom lens requires patience and understanding how real movies are
    actually filmed.

    I use a 50mm F1.4 and an 85mm F/1.8 plus some of the instructions you'll
    find at the link I gave you. You'll get pretty good results with a 50mm
    F/1.8 as well.

    DO NOT USE PROGRAM MODE. Set the aperture first then let the rolling
    shutter roll. The camera will alter it's ISO to pull the right exposure
    that way. Be prepared for noisy and unsharp images in low light. You can
    with the right software, sharpen the image during editing. Go easy on
    the in-camera sharpening, it can get nasty if you don't.

    Alienjones, Jul 21, 2009
  6. TK

    TK Guest

    Thanks for your info, I think I gonna get my first DSLR D5000 soon...
    feel so excited....

    TK, Jul 21, 2009
  7. TK

    whisky-dave Guest

    I was just wondering whether or not you have a particular reason
    for using the term video and movie.
    I've been told or rather it's been suggested to me that the quality of a
    video
    is dependant on the technology used whereas the quality of a movie is
    dependent
    on the framing and transitions, because of this it is very difficult
    producing a movie
    with just ONE camera even if it's excellent quality.
    This is due to the fact that to get a proper movie you need a minimum of two
    cameras
    just to get enough scenes to join creating the angles neccessary for a good
    movie.

    An example of this would be (time for a plug) my two cat flap videos.
    webcam with timeplapse & motion detection.

    for a movie I'd have needed to add views from inside too, and perhasp follow
    the cats.

    A friend suggested that if I wanted to take better movies or rather band
    'videos,
    rather than get one great camera get two or three good ones mixing scenes
    and
    angles in to a movie.

    I liked your reply to the OP but I was wondering whether the OP
    had considered what makes a movie rather than a video.

    Although I don;t always define movies/videos very precisely myself.

    whisky-dave, Jul 21, 2009