    Both are running the same IOS.

    Thank you.
    Scott<-

    Scott Townsend, Feb 12, 2007

  2. tftp the config up to a tftp server, modify the internal IP address
    in the uploaded copy, and then tftp the modified config down to the
    other machine. When you have finished testing, change the IP address
    on both boxes.

    In order to tftp up, configure the "tftp-server" settings, and
    then go into configuration mode and "write net". Or in PIX 7,
    you should be able to use the exec-level "copy" command instead.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 12, 2007

  3. Thanks, I'll give this a try today...

    So does this also move over all of the Certificates for the unit too, or do
    I need to get new ones fro the CA? I'm concerned about the Certs as we also
    use it for IPSec VPN and also have a few other PTP VPNs.

    Thanks,
    Scott<-

    Scott Townsend, Feb 14, 2007
  4. Good question; tftp'ing the configuration will NOT move certificates.

    In PIX 6, there is no way to import certificates or RSA keys,
    except that I would expect that connecting in a failover configuration
    would allow key synchronization.

    In PIX 7, I've lost track of the 'ca' commands, so I don't know
    what can be done.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 14, 2007
  5. PIX7 contains the keys and certificates in the config. tftp is enough.

    Lutz Donnerhacke, Feb 14, 2007