    to another?

    Thanks for any help.

    Larry Mehl

    Larry Mehl, Jan 24, 2007

  2. Larry Mehl

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Not that I've ever run across. Editing the registry, and any INI files from
    the program in question might do the trick, but it's risky, and could cause
    more than just an app not to work...

    My first suggestion would be Partition Magic, and enlarge the partition size
    of the C: drive. Of course, backups should always be done (and tested)
    first.

    WhzzKdd, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Larry Mehl

    why? Guest

    My choice would to buy a disk image utility and image to a new disk
    selecting the option to resize new partitions.

    Or move e to a new disk and expand the size of c.

    www.google.com try different keywords,

    application mover disk registry partitions

    Here is a short note about, such apps
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/resource/tips-tricks/2005/move-apps.html
    why it's not recommended, an older article
    http://www.thenakedpc.com/articles/v04/17/0417-02.html

    See www.google.com for more.

    Me

    why?, Jan 24, 2007
  4. Larry Mehl

    Larry Mehl Guest

    WK --

    Thanks. Yes, Partition Magic to increase the size of c: will be my last
    resort.

    Larry

    Larry Mehl, Jan 24, 2007
  5. Larry Mehl

    Gordon Guest

    Especially as you will probably have to pay for it----try BootIT NG instead.
    A free, fully-functioning 30 day trial....

    Gordon, Jan 24, 2007
  6. You can download a fully functioning 30 day evaluation of System
    Mechanic 7 from iolo.com. It has a utility that will allow you to move
    an installed application to another HDD.

    Here's a link to download the version that you need. You don't have
    to fill in the info, you can just click the download button.

    http://www.iolo.com/sm/7/std/download.aspx

    Enjoy!

    Startlemyerfieldson, Jan 24, 2007
  7. Larry Mehl

    Larry Mehl Guest

    Thanks Gordon --

    I wrote them to see if BootIT NG allows the transfer I need.

    Larry

    Larry Mehl, Jan 24, 2007
  8. Larry Mehl

    Larry Mehl Guest

    Thanks Me --

    I use Acronis True Image for imaging and contraction of partitions.

    I thought simply changing the registration of an app would be simpler.

    Larry

    Larry Mehl, Jan 24, 2007
  9. Larry Mehl

    Pennywise Guest

    Next time you install, or reinstall run InstallRite
    http://www.epsilonsquared.com/
    "provides "application cloning" as opposed to "disk cloning",
    simplifying software distribution."

    Pennywise, Jan 25, 2007