    however, it does not show .MOV videos even if the audio is working.
    Have not found in Settings any suitable setup.
    -- Roope

    roope, May 25, 2006

  2. roope

    Fred Dagg Guest

    VLC is a fantastic player, however it's interface is poos.

    Better to install the (free) K-Lite Codec Pack, then just use WinAmp.
    We used VLC for a long time, but got sick of the bugs and crappy
    interface.

    Fred Dagg, May 25, 2006

  3. roope

    XPD Guest

    Sounds like it dosent support MOV, thats all.... I personally use Media
    Player Classic.
    Seems to handle everything without any big overheads.

    XPD, May 25, 2006
  4. roope

    Jasen Betts Guest

    works for me usually.

    what codec is it missing needed? (usually it writes messages in a console)

    try mplayer instead.

    Jasen Betts, May 26, 2006
  5. roope

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Heh, you should try mplayer on Windows :)

    (Although a GUI is due soon).

    VLC really is good, I often notice far better rendering compared to
    other players that I use.

    -=rjh=-, May 27, 2006