    It is making me very frustrated, can anyone help me stop this?

    thanks,

    Bob

    Bob, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Bob

    Trent C Guest

    Hi when I roll my mouse wheel up it goes back 1 step in the history in
    Don't roll your mouse wheel? If you're using Windows 98 or later, there's
    usually an option in the control panel for the mouse where you can define
    the function of the wheel.

    Trent C, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Bob

    Hywel Guest

    Well, yo could say which mouse you have. Driver software for them
    varies and you may have some whizzy jobbie software that does this for
    you.

    Hywel, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    it is a dell mouse I got used for $5...I just plugged it in...no software
    came with it and I didn't download any..I am using windows 2000

    there is no option in the control pannel that relates to mouse wheel. Also
    not using the wheel is not really what I want to do, because the desire for
    a mouse with a wheel is the reason I replaced the mouse.

    I have had this mouse for several months and do not remember this
    happening.... this was never a problem untill this month.

    Bob

    Bob, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Bob

    trout Guest

    Do you have Tweak UI? It has settings that can do this. Or,
    presumably, undo it.
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

    trout, Feb 24, 2004
  6. Bob

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Oh!! thanks, that must have been what all those "important update from
    microsoft" emails were all about...I've been getting tons of those. j/k

    thanks for the help now it is working.

    Bob

    Bob, Feb 24, 2004
  8. Bob

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Feb 24, 2004
  9. Bob

    Dennis Guest

    No!...those are viruses. MS will never send you email about updates. Get
    them from Windows Update at microsoft.com.

    Dennis, Feb 24, 2004