    doing left click and back on my other one.

    I may still get a wireless 5 button mouse, especialy if I see one going
    cheap in a shop!!

    Colin Trunt, Apr 19, 2010

  2. Colin Trunt

    baron Guest

    Colin Trunt Inscribed thus:
    Glad to hear you found the problem & fixed it. :)

    baron, Apr 20, 2010

  3. Colin Trunt

    Colin Trunt Guest

    Yes I was pretty pleased because I had written the thing off but I just
    thought I would
    give it one more try because I could not believe anything inside the mouse
    had magically failed,
    especaiilly so when I found it needs no driver so it could not be software
    either.

    I have gotten used to the dynamics of the mouse again too now, so all is
    well!

    Colin Trunt, Apr 20, 2010
  4. The next time you want to say, see other post, 17 times, try this instead

    Reply to your first post and leave the original subject intact, then follow
    by a couple of dashes and in allcaps, the word update. Following thi8s
    convention, the subject would become

    Re: Mouse stops working -- UPDATE

    Your resolution then becomes a new thread of the original discussion, and
    those that are interested in the updated information can see it easily. You
    could replace UPDATE with RESOLVED, or other distinguishing words like that.

    Jeff Strickland, Apr 21, 2010
  5. You should be able to find the Mouse Control Panel and adjust the
    programmable behavior of the mouse.

    You can wash the mouse's feet if it is sticking to the mouse pad. You're
    allowed to wash the pad too because it builds up with oil from potato chips
    and french fries, and this slows the mouse considerably.

    Jeff Strickland, Apr 21, 2010
  6. Colin Trunt

    Colin Trunt Guest

    I have already got it set to max speed, I will try washing the pads.
    I just use the back of a large hardback book as a pad as a mouse pad,
    I have never bothered with a proper one, the good thing about the laser mice
    is they work on most flat surface.

    It's not a problem really once you get used to it, it seem fine now, the
    problem
    is when you switch mice and movement which would move the
    pointer 1 inch moves it 3 inches, or vice versa. However once your brain
    adjusts
    to it, it is not a problem, the mouse does just what you want it to do
    pretty
    much subconsiously.

    Colin Trunt, Apr 21, 2010
  7. Colin Trunt

    Colin Trunt Guest

    Just an update on the situation, I fixed the mouse, but I was in town today,
    and I say a wireless similer to what I was looking for like this one
    (same company)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRUST-WIRELES...rComponents_KeyboardsMice?hash=item3cabb28393
    I got it for £9 and I am very happy with it, it is basically the same as my
    old one but
    wireless, it works fine.

    Actually it better because it is faster, I have to more the mouse pointer
    speed down
    from the max it was on to a mid setting, so I have leeway for faster or
    slower, as opposed to
    before where it was up to the max and still a bit sluggish IMO.

    Colin Trunt, May 4, 2010