    I am prompted to place a check mark into a box. Is there any key or key
    combination that will do that? It's nice to have a keyboard input option,
    but getting the mouse back is preferred.

    Sigi Rindler, May 5, 2006

  2. IIRC you need to use Alt + Tab, Tab, maybe the arrow keys, the Windows key,
    the right mouse button Context Menu key and the Space bar to navigate
    Windows without a mouse.

    To select a check box I think you'd have to get to that area by hitting Tab
    a few times and then press Space to select it.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, May 5, 2006

  3. Sigi Rindler

    Trax Guest

    |>> On one machine I can create and restore an image (mouse works on both
    |>> occasions).
    |>>
    |>> On the other machine I can create an image, but the mouse is not enabled
    |>> when restoring (using a rescue CD). The same rescue CD has been used for
    |>> both computers running Win XP Pro.
    |>>
    |>> What can be done to get the mouse work? I have used two new mice, so I can
    |>> eliminate a hardware failure.
    |>> I also tried to restore an image by using various keys to move around.
    |>> until I am prompted to place a check mark into a box. Is there any key or
    |>> key combination that will do that? It's nice to have a keyboard input
    |>> option, but getting the mouse back is preferred.
    |>>

    |>IIRC you need to use Alt + Tab, Tab, maybe the arrow keys, the Windows key,
    |>the right mouse button Context Menu key and the Space bar to navigate
    |>Windows without a mouse.
    |>
    |>To select a check box I think you'd have to get to that area by hitting Tab
    |>a few times and then press Space to select it.

    To add:

    http://www.computerhope.com/shortcut.htm is a bit overkill but has a
    lot of key commands.

    To get around in a program press ALT the menu will have an underline
    under a letter you would press to access that menu and sub menus (If
    they aren't underlined pressing the ALT will)

    Tab moves around a menu, space checks, unchecks or selects; Left win
    key opens the start menu (arrow keys to get around, the far Right win
    key opens the context menu (right mouse click) and enter starts or
    opens.

    Trax, May 5, 2006
  4. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    |>IIRC you need to use Alt + Tab, Tab, maybe the arrow keys, the Windows

    Thanks a lot for the hint's. I don't have to press the Space Bar anymore
    after I have found out that an old wheel mouse connected to PS/2 does the
    trick. I have no idea why USB doesn't work in this particular situation.

    Sigi Rindler, May 5, 2006
  5. Sigi Rindler

    Karel Guest

    Sigi Rindler,
    I'm very glad that you've found the solutioin. I've been using Tru
    Image for a long time, and I've never had any problem with it.
    By the way, from time to time I look through their 'official forum
    (http://wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64).
    They always give very useful advices

    Karel, May 5, 2006
  6. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    Sigi Rindler,
    Thanks everybody about the keyboard commands to simulate a checkbox
    symbol...
    Actually, the problem was another one. The optical USB mouse (even another
    new one) did not work in the Restore mode, although this computer is a 3GB
    Pentium P4. It's always advisable to keep one of the old PS/2 wheel mice
    around! No problem with this mouse. USB works without fail when Win XP is
    running.

    Sigi Rindler, May 6, 2006

  7. You could find USB moue DOS drivers ad add them to the rescue CD?

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, May 6, 2006
  8. Sigi Rindler

    fkasner Guest

    Note there is another problem associated with Acronis True Image. If you
    are using Windows Me and run GoBack (formerly from Roxio now from
    Symantec) True Image says it can't deal with such a non-standard file
    system. It will not backup the files no less the GoBack partition or
    file that allows for regression. This appears to have been fixed in XP
    PRO at least (I don't know about XP Home). I was able to keep GoBack
    running while I did an image backup using True Image. However I had to
    turn off GoBack if I wanted to do an image backup of my HD in my Me machine.
    FK

    fkasner, May 6, 2006