    THAT come from.... and how do I stop it? Is there some file I need to hack?

    Thanks.

    Al

    anc, Jan 9, 2006

  2. anc

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Example URL?

    Ed Mullen, Jan 9, 2006

  3. anc

    anc Guest

    Not in a web page but in any of the check boxes or radio buttons in the
    Preference screens.

    Al

    anc, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you. Mac OSX seems to behave the same way,
    but but everything works, I can check and uncheck everything I need to.
    Could you expand on your problem?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 9, 2006
  5. anc

    Ed Mullen Guest

    If it's just the check box/radio button, that seems to be normal
    behavior for 1.5. There's probably a CSS hack in the userChrom or
    userContent files for this but I haven't a clue. Is this really that
    objectionable to you? It's just a little highlight to help track your
    mouse movement.

    Ed Mullen, Jan 9, 2006
  6. anc

    Ed Mullen Guest

    I'm guessing it's an aesthetic objection.

    Ed Mullen, Jan 9, 2006
  7. anc

    anc Guest

    It's not a big deal. I just don't have one other program where this happens.
    So it looked strange to me. I find it irritating at worst and a waste of
    good machine cycles at best (granted machine cycles are cheap these days.)
    I would like to get rid of it if possible so I'll hunt through some of the
    chrome stuff. Thanks,

    Al

    anc, Jan 9, 2006
  8. anc

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Understood. But interesting. I have seen this kind of UI styling in many
    programs and on the Web. I'm abivalent about it in most cases but
    sometimes I wish it were there in certain designs where it's difficult
    to tell if you're hovering over the exact right spot to make a selection.

    And you're right, concern over machine cycles for things like this has
    been irrelevant for years.

    Ed Mullen, Jan 9, 2006