mouse freeze

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tawjlee, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. tawjlee

    tawjlee Guest

    Hi

    Brand new system with windows XP. G force 4 video card.

    Every time i switch on the mouse is frozen in the centre of the screen. The
    PC is not locked up as you can navigate with the keyboard. If you do this
    and go to Mouse properties - hardware there is no mouse shown as being
    installed.
    Navigate to close down and switch off, then back on again and the mouse is
    working fine. It shows up as a ps2 mouse in properties.
    Switch off again and back on and the mouse has gone again.
    This happens every time. Each time it is there then it is gone. The pattern
    never breaks.
    On one occasion when the mouse is working i uninstalled it in device
    manager. When i re started of course the usual thing happened and the cursor
    was frozen. Restarted again and the PC "found new hardware" installed mouse
    and all was well. Switch off and on again and the problem is back.

    Tried with the new optical mouse and another ps2 mouse i already had (old
    one with a ball).

    Why does my PC see the mouse then can't see it.

    Any ideas.

    tawjlee, Nov 4, 2003

  2. tawjlee

    Alien Zord Guest

    Can you check the BIOS and ensure that the PS/2 port is not disabled and
    IRQ12 not manually assigned to another device?

    Alien Zord, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Brand new warranty. Use it.

    B. Al. Zeebub, Nov 4, 2003
  4. tawjlee

    tawjlee Guest

    Smart Arse

    Actually the system is new but i had my own operating system,
    It is obviously a software problem, and therefore the warranty doesn't
    apply.
    If you are too stupid to post a sensible reply, please go to another NG.
    alt.binaries.knobheads may be appropriate

    tawjlee, Nov 5, 2003
  5. If having a degree and a post-graduate diploma makes me a smart arse, so
    be it.
    If the system is new, then the manufacturer is required by law to supply
    you with a merchantable product, regardless of what the problem is. That
    is what a warranty is for. If the Operating System *as supplied* is
    defective, you certainly have a right to a refund or replacement.
    I can certainly post sensible replies, and humourous replies when I feel
    like it. It comes from having used DrDos, MS-Dos, Win 3.1, Win 95, Win
    98, Win 2000, Win XP, various iterations of MacOS, and various flavours
    of Linux. I also custom build the PCs that I use. Having said that, you
    may benefit from learning how to Google before you post, like
    this:http://tinyurl.com/tpb1
    Do you like this sort of stuff???? Hmmmmm
    B.

    B. Al. Zeebub, Nov 5, 2003
  6. tawjlee

    tawjlee Guest

    Still can't give me an answer though can you, Degree or no degree.

    tawjlee, Nov 6, 2003
  7. tawjlee

    slumpy Guest

    With a rumble and a belch tawjlee decided to put the World to rights with
    this little speech from the heart...
    Well /I/ can....

    slumpy, Nov 6, 2003