Motorola WN825G - how to make it works in windows xp professional

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello all,

    I´m experiencing problems with the WN825G wireless notebook adapter from
    motorola.

    When I´was using Windows 98 in my old laptop, everything was fine. Now that
    I have a brand new HP compaq nx9020 with windows xp pro, completely up to
    date regarding patches etc., I can´t make the adapter works.

    It powers on but it´s all. No connection, in spite of place the notebook 1
    meter from the access point. Do you know why it is happening ? Any problem
    with windows xp or with the HP hardware ?

    All drivers are up-to-date, including both motorola and broadcom last
    releases.

    Thank you all in advance if you can help me.

    Regards

    Christiano

    Guest, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Guest

    ghstark Guest

    Does it work if you are logged on as Administrator? I've found that
    users must have Administrator privilege to use the Motorola WN825G. I
    tried to confirm this with Motorola tech support, but discovered that
    they were all liars. So I gave up.

    ghstark, Mar 13, 2005