    Meat Plow Guest

  2. Meat Plow

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    Old Gringo38, Dec 4, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    Wow, I am about to buy a droid so I can use the ipod app that has the
    Septa busses and their locations on it. May I won't get a motorola.
    Any good suggestions. BTW I use T-Mobile.

    joevan, Dec 4, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    joevan, Dec 4, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    I just talked to my 20 year old daughter and she is looking into the
    matter. She has a droid with T-mobile and is checking on the free app
    for Septa.

    joevan, Dec 4, 2010
  6. Meat Plow

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Dec 4, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    I've looked at that, and a few other reports and comments about it. Fuzzy
    videos aren't a good source of forensic evidence, and I'm no expert in
    "exploding" mobile phones, but I'm inclined to agree with others who've
    commented elsewhere that the damage to the handset looks more like impact
    or external pressure than anything coming from inside the casing - and as
    the thing apparently still works, it's hard to imagine what caused the
    "pop" the man claims to have heard.

    This could turn out to be an attempt to get a nice little payout from
    'some big company', or a free replacement or upgrade for a handset that
    isn't quite the latest model.

    From a design angle, that model seems to have the slot for the 'earpiece'
    cut through the display glass. That could introduce extra points for
    stress to accumulate, making the glass slightly easier to break. There are
    other models that have the earpiece slots cut in the metal or plastic of
    the case; that could be a point to consider - but I can't say whether or
    not it has any real significance.

    Whiskers, Dec 4, 2010
  8. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    I looked at the Motorola Droids. I bought the HTC Droid incredible I
    didn't think i could get used to a touch screen keyboard for texting.
    This one is big enough at 4.3" screen size. It's tough on my Ipod Touch
    su I was surprised. I'll try to forget about the Moto Droid exploding for
    now.

    Meat Plow, Dec 4, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    T-Mobile has a G-2 I think. 4G capable too.

    Meat Plow, Dec 4, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    I think the battery blew, may be lithium-polymer. And the pressure came
    out the earpiece area.

    Meat Plow, Dec 4, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    If the battery 'blew', the handset wouldn't work at all. There would also
    be damage to the case around the battery, probably the back cover 'blown
    off' or melted, or both, and the user would have burns to hand and face
    if it was in use at the time.

    Sitting on the handset and then cutting the ear with a knife would explain
    all that I can see in the pictures.

    Whiskers, Dec 5, 2010