    graphics solution?
    By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.

    caz

    caz, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Well maybe--not bloody likely, but MAYBE.

    But what do you do when newer games require more graphics power, or when
    some mishap takes that board out, or you want to change operating systems
    (or Micro$hit comes out with a new one) and there's no driver available?

    Gary G. Taylor, Sep 5, 2003

  3. caz

    Graham Guest

    not sure, but i'd go for the separate graphics card and good motherboard.
    ;)

    12NooN Search Engine - http://www.12noon.net
    65% payout to all our affiliates. Join today !

    MESSAGE BOARD - http://www.12noon.net/forum

    Graham, Sep 5, 2003
  4. caz

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Get an nForce2 motherboard with IGP (Integrated Graphics Platform). Also
    make sure you run it in dual channel memory mode, as the GPU will suck up a
    lot of RAM bandwith.

    DeMoN LaG, Sep 5, 2003
  5. Why don't you get a decent graphics card to mount in an AGP slot of a good
    motherboard.

    BananaPannaPoe-, Sep 5, 2003
  6. caz

    anonsoc Guest

    There is a board that has an onboard geforce mx 440 which is a halfway (and
    I mean halfway) decent 3d card integrated. I don't remember the make and
    model but I'll post it if I find it again.

    anonsoc, Sep 5, 2003
  7. caz

    anonsoc Guest

    http://www.thunderbirdcomputing.com.au/prices.php?do=mboards

    you can go there, hit ctrl+F for find and type in 440 and you will be taken
    to boards that have the 440mx geforce integrated onboard. I have no idea
    about the quality/reputation of the manufacturers involved with these, but I
    believe this is probably the best onboard video you're going to find (and I
    would still go with a standalone video card, onboard generally sucks and 440
    mx is outdated as it is, just better than anything else out there I
    believe).

    anonsoc, Sep 5, 2003
  8. caz

    Michael-NC Guest