    Memory?
    And which is the best way to go. Photoshop will be the biggest power
    hog, and I have some large files to deal with (90-600 Meg TIFF files).

    cblocke3, Dec 28, 2003

  2. cblocke3

    ICee Guest

    DDR (Double Data Rate) memory is rated for whatever speed the FSB of the
    motherboard is running. DDR333 is PC2700, which is 166 MHz FSB speed.
    DDR400 is PC3200, which is 200 MHz FSB.
    Using PC3200 memory on a PC2700 bus will not have any effect at all.
    If you're using Photoshop, you should get as much memory as possible, as
    it uses loads, as I'm sure you know.

    ICee, Dec 28, 2003

  3. cblocke3

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    I have 1024mb of dual channel PC400 DDR SDRAM, and that seems to be <ahem>
    adequate when editing digital images. Just make sure your components are
    compatible.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Dec 28, 2003
  4. cblocke3

    Jerry McEwen Guest

    Hi, I do a bit of Photoshop too and probably my largest file was 3-400
    MB. When I built my machine, I decided to go with Mushkin RAM and they
    told me that, with my mobo choice, I should only go to 2100 even
    though 2700 was available. I would ask the mobo mfgr.

    Jerry McEwen, Dec 28, 2003