mother board not powering up

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by graham, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. graham

    graham Guest

    hi any tech people answer a query for me

    3 weeks ago my computer failed to power up
    id press the button,light would flash,fan would turn then nothing
    then after a few tries hey presto fully functioning again

    however 2 day powere up,same old story
    only the power pack was sparking (bad sign )
    so i replaced that (still no joy)
    took all components out placed on anti static bag
    powered up same old story few turns of fan,lights then dead
    interesting thing is when i release power button fan turns,lights,dead

    ive changed power switch and tried reset switch same old story

    can anyone help me
    im wondering if the power pack ive just put in is not powerfull enough

    any help would be most appreciated

    graham

    graham, Sep 5, 2003

  2. graham

    graham Guest

    come on guys
    someone answer me please
    thanks

    graham, Sep 5, 2003

  3. graham

    Buffalo Guest

    Try asking in a NG that deals with the brand of MotherBoard you have, if you
    don't get a good answer here.

    Buffalo, Sep 5, 2003
  4. graham

    Buffalo Guest

    "graham" <
    Sounds like it could be a weak Power Supply Unit or the MB may be shorting
    out or dead.
    Sometimes you have to try several times because the Hard Drives draw quite a
    bit of power when starting from a standstill, but a restart while they are
    still spinning somewhat needs less power.

    Buffalo, Sep 6, 2003