    Thanks

    Yossi Mor

    Aladdin Knowldege Systems.

    Yossi Mor, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Most popular as far as numbers deployed would have to be Internet
    Authentication Server, the radius server that comes bundled free with
    windoze server 2000.

    --
    Copyright 2004 T. Sean Weintz
    This post may be copied freely without

    ALSO - FWIW, The following WHOIS Record is years out of date:
    Weintz, Sean (SW2893)
    Sean Weintz
    462 Sixth Street , #A
    Brooklyn, NY 11215

    T. Sean Weintz, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Yossi Mor

    Yossi Mor Guest

    Thanks for the info Sean,

    Have you any idea where i can find a survey on commercial radius serves?

    All the best.

    Yossi

    Yossi Mor, Jun 6, 2004
  4. No. I am aware of no such surveys existing. Common sense tho. Just by
    the number of windows 2000 server boxes deployed versus all other OS's.
    Micorosft IAS HAS to be the most popular.

    Probably the second most popular is Funk's "Steel Belted Radius"

    --
    T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T.
    Sean Weintz
    This post may be copied freely without the express permission of T. Sean
    Weintz.
    T. Sean Weintz could care less. T. Sean Weintz does however reserve all
    rights.

    T. Sean Weintz, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Yossi Mor

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    Hi!
    It might be used by many people, but it surely is not *popular* :cool:

    Every net.god who does radius services believes in "Radiator".

    That's a commercial radius server coded in perl, available from

    http://www.open.com.au/radiator/

    Very fast, very, very flexible, source code is included, does
    everything (databases, frontend, backends, you name it), super-clean
    design.

    If you need a feature, ask on the support mailing list and you normally
    get it within a few days.

    Kurt Jaeger, Jun 14, 2004
  6. They are (in the order of their popularity)
    Cisco ACS
    RSA ACE Server from http://www.rsasecurity.com
    Steel belted Radius(SBR) Server from http://www.Funk.com and

    Windows 2000 is a free add-on but we do not deploy them in large scale
    environments like the Govt. and banking sectors. One of my banking
    client a with a over 100,000 netbanking users we got them Cisco ACS on
    Windows with ACE servers on Solaris.

    ACE server predominantly provide the token authentications aka One
    time password (OTP) auth. The ACE server does also provide RADIUS part
    as well but the best design would be to run them in 2 separate boxes.

    The SBR servers are not the best option when it comes to provideng
    just the radius part. Do not go for it. I hate its miniaturised
    management console. Its more preferable deploying them in a WLAN
    environment where it forms a properitery TTLS tunnel between the
    roaming 802.1x client and the Access point (AP).

    All these products run on Solaris/HP-Unix and on Windows platform as
    well.

    thanks
    suresh CNE,MCSE+I,CLS,SCSA,CCNA,CCNP,MCNS,CCIE
    http://www.sureshhomepage.com

    Suresh_Homepage, Jun 16, 2004
  7. Yossi Mor

    neba

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    There is list on wikipedia under List_of_RADIUS_Servers with some specs, servers go from free like Radiator or FreeRADIUS, to affordable commercial like BlissRADIUS that are below 100$ to those that cost 3000$ +

    neba, Oct 31, 2008
  8. Yossi Mor

    sdunn96

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    For my office we are using Windows 2000 Server and IAS.

    sdunn96, Oct 31, 2008