    \currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
    the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
    The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.

    serracino, Jun 9, 2007

  2. serracino

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Search this page for "Note on XoftSpy"

    Perhaps they are returning to their old tricks. Use reputable software
    instead.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 9, 2007
  4. serracino

    streaming Guest

    downloader alphabet B Trojan
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_98681.htm

    It is well documented in all security notices.
    It is an established trojan evolved from that old war horse - Sub7.
    Kaspersky is a major name in security software, they did Not infect
    your computer.
    As you DL a trial version I would suspect at some point you were
    unprotected and thats when you got infected with this common
    backdoor Trojan.
    Do an free online scan:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan

    And this one is probably the best free online scanner:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

    streaming, Jun 9, 2007
  5. I'm a Kaspersky fan too, but they changed their online scanner to where
    it only detects viruses, it does not remove them. I know how to go in
    remove offending files but I wonder how many "average Joes" can use the
    information.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 9, 2007
  6. serracino

    Mara Guest

    If they can't, they can always download the 30-day trial there, (full) or go get
    the free version (lite) from www.activevirusshield.com.

    Mara, Jun 10, 2007