    frequently seen in posts here and elsewhere.

    Thanks for your comments

    Sandy Archer

    Ardent, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Ardent

    Al Dykes Guest

    IMHO once I see bad blocks the disk gets yanked and replaced on any PC
    that's being used for business purposes. Life't too short to have
    unexpected total failures.

    Al Dykes, Jul 29, 2004

  3. But you didn't do it with *this* drive, the one that you did the ex-
    periment on.
    Then either the drives didn't have bad sector management or they
    had exhausted their spare sector pool already.
    Yes, I read it the first time.
    Yes, but your experiment doesn't count for anything if you don't finish it
    an no hard conclusions can be drawn from it.

    The 'fact' that you think that you never touched the areas that you took
    out of use is no fact at all as drives heads patrol the surfaces in order
    to not heat-up the heads and platters tracks when idle.

    Folkert Rienstra, Jul 29, 2004
  4.
    Folkert Rienstra, Jul 29, 2004

  5.
    Sugdash the Mankball-launderer, Jul 29, 2004