Moon Eclipse tonight, in Europe, Africa and western Asia

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Synapse Syndrome, Mar 3, 2007.

  1. Synapse Syndrome, Mar 3, 2007

  2. Synapse Syndrome

    meerkat Guest

    meerkat, Mar 3, 2007

  3. Synapse Syndrome

    philo Guest

    Darn it

    wouldn't you know it...
    just when i went to watch the eclipse...
    a big shadow got in the way and I never got to see it...
    now i may have to wait 50 years for another chance :(

    philo, Mar 4, 2007
  4. Synapse Syndrome

    Aardvark Guest

    I saw it. Blood red. Not a total eclipse from where I viewed it but pretty
    impressive.

    I've seen them before and I'll see them again, so don't think it'll be
    fifty years till the next one.

    Aardvark, Mar 4, 2007
  5. Synapse Syndrome

    Tester Guest

    NYTimes.com has a picture where you can just see a reddish full moon
    over Manhattan. However, 1) NYC was too far west for really good
    observation and sunset wasn't until around 2200 GMT and 2) there is
    too much artificial light.

    Tester, Mar 4, 2007
  6. Synapse Syndrome

    philo Guest

    Yes , I know. and I have seen them before...
    though the solar eclipse is more dramatic

    philo, Mar 4, 2007

  7. So NYTimes has published a fake photoshop pic???

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Mar 4, 2007
  8. Synapse Syndrome

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Or it was air pollution coloring the photo <g>

    WhzzKdd, Mar 4, 2007