    Hi. I have two Sony Trinitron Monitors, but one of them has developed a red
    colour cast to it (the primary monitor).

    Is this something which can be adjusted by a professional? Or is it scrap?

    Russell, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Russell

    Lionel Guest

    It'd most likely depend on how old it is. And before you get too
    stressed about the problem, if it's a high-end monitor, you might try
    setting it back to the factory settings & seeing if that fixes the
    problem.

    Lionel, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Russell

    Sheldon Guest

    Try plugging it into another computer. Swap monitors. What happens? If
    the monitor looks okay on another computer, it's probably the video card,
    especially if you plug a known good monitor into the same port the "bad"
    monitor is on and that one now looks bad. If it's the monitor you have to
    make a decision whether you want to scrap it or fix it, assuming you can
    find someone locally to fix it. If you have to send it out consider the
    shipping charges in your estimate.

    I hate to see things that can be repaired thrown out, but sometimes it just
    doesn't make sense economically.

    Sheldon, Apr 29, 2005