Monitor problem -- Hitachi 19" SuperScan 751 has shadows after repair

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DemoDisk, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    I got my 19" monitor back Tuesday from the shop after a long-delayed repair.
    The image is good now, but now there is a color problem.

    Used to be that shades of red onscreen always revealed a small bluish smudge
    near the center of the screen, but that didn't spoil it for graphics work.
    Now, there is blue "dust" down the left-hand side, the center, and lower
    right corner. What happened??

    My question is, can anything be done about this? To avoid another 3-week
    hassle, is there anything I can do myself to correct the color? Is it the
    repairman's responsibility?

    One more thing: This Hitachi 751 has a "Degauss" button. Pressing it used to
    bounce the image on the screen violently, with the same "bonk" the monitor
    made when turning it on. I guessed that was just the degausser degaussing.
    Now nothing happens. Opinions??

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    JPM

    DemoDisk, Sep 9, 2004

  2. DemoDisk

    ICee Guest

    It sounds like the tech forgot to reconnect the degauss coil. You
    should definitely hear that "bonk" and see the display "wiggle" when you
    press degauss, and it sounds like it does need to be degaussed.

    ICee, Sep 10, 2004

  3. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    Thanks for replying, ICee. Would the reconnecting the degauss coil also fix
    the color problem? I used to do graphics with this monitor. The way it looks
    now, I doubt I'd want to anymore.

    JPM

    DemoDisk, Sep 10, 2004
  4. DemoDisk

    ICee Guest

    The symptoms you describe sound like a problem that would be fixed by
    degaussing the monitor. However, it could also be because adjustments
    on the CRT weren't done, or checked.
    Bottom line, short of opening it up and reconnecting the degauss coil,
    or using a standalone degauss device, there's nothing you can do other
    than complain about the crappy "service" and demand they do it right
    this time.

    ICee, Sep 10, 2004
  5. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest