    the blue cloured screen goes green, then red, purple and back to blue, takes
    about 7 seconds each time. Very trippy, but could this 'magnetic pulsing
    swirly thing' cause any damage to the monitor ?

    slumpy, Aug 14, 2003

  2. slumpy

    HamMan Guest

    Go TFT

    HamMan, Aug 14, 2003

  3. More likly the vibrations are causing it.

    Michael Thompson, Aug 14, 2003
  4. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Paul - xxx continued:
    They are bog-standard 14" monitors running a crappy despatch program that
    uses a pale blue background and dark blue text and border that changes
    colour when the trains have passed. And I was told it was to do with some
    magnetic swirly thing that followed each train.

    slumpy, Aug 14, 2003
  5. slumpy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    slumpy tried to scribble ...
    Heheheh, degaussing them regularly might help, but if it's a _'real_
    'magnetic pulsing swirly thing' then it maybe that there's bugger all you
    can do .. :(

    Personally I reckon 'magnetic pulsing swirly thing's are a much over-rated
    phenomenon .. but then, I know diddly squat about them .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Aug 14, 2003
  6. slumpy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    slumpy tried to scribble ...