    I do have a Dell 17" flat LCD monitor at the office and I do notice there is
    a differance with the fonts. Maybe there may be adjustment for me to make
    the fonts clear. I am using XP pro windows. Thanks to all in advance.

    Tommy, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Tommy

    Dominic Guest

    A TFT screen (which is presumably what you mean by LCD, or do you mean flat
    piece of glass on the front i.e. FST) may well look blurred unless it is set
    at the resolution it is designed for. For a 17" screen that is probably
    1280x1024. You might want to check that.

    As for buying flatscreen monitors, I personally think Iiyama ones are the
    clearest, neatest and best-looking. Be prepared for quite a high price for a
    19" TFT monitor - what is it for out of interest?

    Dominic

    Dominic, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Tommy

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    each brand makes a low and high quality flat panel monitor

    i recommend going to a best buy or other store that has a number of them on
    display.
    you will find that the better the image, the higher the price.

    you can also search the web for flat panel reviews.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Tommy

    PJB Guest

    it all depends on what you want it for, I think for gaming,
    a crt beats a TFT/LCD hands down. Aside from that, I cannot
    fault my Iiyama, it impressed my son so much, he also bought
    one ;-)
    Not cheap, almost 2yrs old, cost me £800, but worth every
    penny..

    P.

    PJB, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Tommy

    M Guest

    I have an iiyama Vision Master Pro 451 and although it is a CRT it is
    completely flat. I'm very pleased with it, only complaint it that it is
    very heavy to move.

    M, Jun 6, 2004
  6. Tommy

    John Guest

    I suspect what you are talking about isn't 'clearness' but the
    difference between 'sharp' and 'smooth'.
    This functions is called anti-aliasing, and it makes fonts smooth
    onscreen, sacrificing sharpness for a smoother look and more
    readability.

    If that is what you are talking about, it is generally adjustable in
    the OS, and has little to do with the LCD screen at medium sizes. At
    small sizes, the CRT style has advantages because the pixels are made
    up of three parts, as opposed to the LCD's single pixel in three
    layers.

    John, Jun 6, 2004
  7. Tommy

    Kenny Guest

    You can use CLEARTYPE with TFT screens giving you the best possible text
    available.

    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Kenny S

    foksot2004 at hotmail.com