    but the problem still remains. Does anybody know what the problem could
    be?

    Thanks

    Mush001, Dec 19, 2006

  2. Mush001

    Evan Platt Guest

    What operating system?

    Have you tried a different outlet?

    Evan Platt, Dec 19, 2006

  3. Mush001

    Mush001 Guest

    It's Windows XP.

    Not too sure what you mean by different outlet, I have an onboard card
    and other PCI card and both gives the same result.

    Mush001, Dec 19, 2006
  4. Mush001

    Evan Platt Guest

    Another outlet. Where you plug the monitors power cable into? Could be
    that outlet is flakey.

    Do you have a multimeter?

    Evan Platt, Dec 19, 2006
  5. Mush001

    Larry Crites Guest

    Screensaver?

    Larry
    Behold Beware Believe

    Larry Crites, Dec 19, 2006
  6. Mush001

    Mush001 Guest

    What do you mean by Screensaver?

    Mush001, Dec 19, 2006
  7. Mush001

    Mush001 Guest

    Power cable is ok

    why do I need a multimeter?

    Mush001, Dec 19, 2006
  8. Mush001

    Evan Platt Guest

    Larry was asking if you maybe have a screensaver installed that is
    dimming (or rather tunring off) the screen).

    Evan Platt, Dec 20, 2006
  9. Mush001

    Evan Platt Guest

    I wasn't asking about the power cable. I was talking about the OUTLET.
    To make sure the outlet is giving out 120 volts (or.. rather 122 or
    something. But 120, and not maybe 117 or 115, which could cause
    problems.

    Evan Platt, Dec 20, 2006
  10. Mush001

    Evan Platt Guest

    Another idea..

    Does the monitor have a multi color light to indicate power? For
    example, myne has a orange / green light. Orange inidicates power, but
    no signal. Green indicates power and a signal. So when the monitor is
    on, but the computer is off, it's orange. Or when the computer is in
    screen save mode and not sending a signal, it's orange.

    So when the screen goes blank, if you have a orange / green light,
    what happens to the light?

    Evan Platt, Dec 20, 2006