Monitor display is shifted to the left unreasonably and irreparablyregardless of monitor used.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Mechphisto, Aug 19, 2010.

  1. Mechphisto

    Mechphisto Guest

    I have two Acer V223W monitors plugged into the PC, using "Intel HD
    Graphics (Core i5)" adapter and Windows 7.
    I think this is a Windows issue and not a hardware issue because of
    the following behavior... (BTW, if there's a better group for me to
    post this to, please let me know!)

    It seems that no matter which of the two monitors is plugged into the
    VGA port (as opposed to the DVI), that monitor in that port will have
    the display shifted far to the left. So far that using the H. Position
    adjustment all the way to the right still won't show the whole screen,
    and inches of the left-side is missing.
    (When that monitor is plugged into the DVI port, it returns to normal
    and the other one now in the VGA port will do this.)

    The thing is, it started out as normal, and then I hit the "Auto"
    button on the one in the VGA port and since that moment the display
    shifted and I've not been able to return it.
    I've tried all manner of resolution changed, of swapping which one is
    main and what side they're on.
    I've tried Safe Mode. I've reinstalled the drivers.
    Nothing seems to work and return the monitor back to proper display.
    Except, if I mirror the screens then the VGA will look fine.
    Also, the centering is just fine on the power-on splash screen, and
    it's even centered just fine on the Windows loading splash screen! It
    shifts over radically only after you log in.

    Again, the problem does not follow the monitors, it's specifically
    only happening to whichever one it plugged into the VGA.
    Any ideas what I can do?
    Thanks,
    Liam

    Mechphisto, Aug 19, 2010

  2. Mechphisto

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Liam.
    Well, the title of this NG does say "64bit", so this is not the best choice.
    And dual-monitors is not my strong suit, so I can't help much with your
    problem.

    As you may not know, Microsoft is in the process of closing ALL its public
    newsgroups and said it will close its public news server by October. So
    your best bet is to find the appropriate FORUM for your problem. You can
    start here:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    R. C. White, Aug 19, 2010

  3. Mechphisto

    Mechphisto Guest

    Well, it's the OS I have, and I couldn't find a .hardware or .misc
    subgroup. :) Sorry. :(

    Oh! I did not know that. Thanks for the suggestion!!
    Liam

    Mechphisto, Aug 19, 2010
  4. Mechphisto

    Kue2 Guest

    Use system restore to "go back" to when everything was working properly.
    Btw don't hit "auto" again.....

    Kue2, Aug 20, 2010