    Any ideas to know whether my screen is actually OK as it is?

    BTW, I am not calibrating for my computers printer, as I get them printed at
    a photo lab if required.

    Haydon, May 21, 2007

  2. Haydon

    Rich Guest

    Has anyone tried using one of the DVD calibration systems, like they
    use for high end home theatre setups?
    Something like Video Essentials?

    Rich, May 21, 2007

  3. Haydon

    Rob Guest

    You may have to increase the gamma on the LCD screens so that adobe
    gamma bars look correct.

    On my LCD I have to make the gamma 2.65

    Rob, May 22, 2007
  4. I'm not sure which Spyder you are using, but the one I have comes with a
    detachable filter specifically for LCD monitors. Confirm which version you
    have and if you need to buy the filter.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, May 22, 2007
  5. Haydon

    Haydon Guest

    Hello Rita

    Yeah, I have the detachable filter. You take it off for CRT's and leave it
    on for LCD's. I calibrated with the filter on.

    Haydon, May 22, 2007
  6. Sorry I couldn't help. I just was hoping it could have been something as
    simple as pilot error. Let us know what you did to resolve the problem when
    you do?

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, May 22, 2007
  7. Haydon

    Haydon Guest

    OK Rita.

    At the moment I will stick with Adobe Gamma, until I get time to 'play'
    properly.

    Haydon, May 23, 2007
  8. Before trying again, make sure have the latest SW and drivers from
    Colorvision.

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 23, 2007