monaco optix pro site license?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by peter, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. peter

    peter Guest

    I'm narrowing down my choice of monitor calibrator to two bundles:

    monaco optix pro
    coloreyes display pro

    Both sells for around $300 and both come with the same colorimeter (monaco
    DTP 94). The coloreyes is rated higher by the only comparison article I
    could find:
    http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/monitor_calibration_tools.htm

    But the coloreyes license is for up to 3 computers only.

    As for the monaco optix pro, I found a site that says unlimited site license
    for the software-only product, but did not say anything about the bundled
    version.
    http://www.xritephoto.com/download_files/products/color_mgmt_sys.pdf (page
    3)

    I'm assuming the bundled version also includes unlimited site license. Could
    someone confirm this for me? I have 4 computers to calibrate, so I'm
    inclined to get the monaco optix.

    peter, Jun 3, 2007

  2. peter

    Boskey Guest

    I wouldn't worry too much about the Optix Pro, the product is being
    discontinued. Check out the product page on Xrite's site
    http://www.xritephoto.com/product/
    You will not find Optix listed. A further check of the site will show they
    are now mainly selling and supporting the Eye-One line of products. Since
    their purchase of GretagMacbeth in July, 2006, I'm afraid their old product
    lines and support for those lines has nearly disappeared. I have the Optix
    Pro with the DTP94 and I am very unhappy with the poor support of the
    product.

    Boskey, Jun 4, 2007

  3. peter

    peter Guest

    No wonder! I've been searching all over for the product description and
    support forum of the monaco but could not find them.

    I wonder if their support for eye-one line is adequate.

    peter, Jun 4, 2007