    Can this be done?

    Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

    Clueless in Seattle, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Clueless in Seattle

    Toolman Tim Guest

    You cannot have the file open in read/write mode on both computers at the
    same time. You would have to close it when you want to open it on the other
    computer.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2006

  3. You say "terminal computer". Use remotedesktop or vnc so you actually have
    the desktops screen on your lap, and you can safely edit the file.
    Remotedesktop or vnc even allows to lock the desktop keyboard while you are
    at the lap.

    Walter Mautner, Jul 23, 2006
  4. Clueless in Seattle

    ProfGene Guest

    If you setup a network with file sharing you should be able to access
    the text file and add to it with no problems.

    ProfGene, Jul 24, 2006