    loopback test do..... and how else can I test my modem.... thanks for any
    suggestions...... I usually keep my computer on all day and shut it off at
    night.....

    don, Jan 4, 2004

  2. don

    philo Guest

    There is certainly a chance that it's an overheating problem.
    It would not be a bad idea to open the case and confirm that all your
    cooling
    fans are really working.

    If so, just leave the machine on all night...then, if you can dial-up OK
    in the morning...it is probably an ISP problem of some sort.

    philo, Jan 4, 2004

  3. don

    Sano Guest

    What model of modem?

    Internal or external....

    Sano, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Sounds like heat buildup to me - had a hell of a time diagnosing that
    with a customer once....

    "Invest" in a can of compressed air from your local comp shop and spray
    out the air vents, especially the power supply - that's gunna be gross.
    Fair Warning.

    Good luck!

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 5, 2004
  5. don

    don Guest

    Well, that is what I did, I blew it out and moved my modem so it was not
    next to another card..... so far so good.....

    don, Jan 5, 2004