    troublshooting the problem..

    thanks

    Bruce Cao

    Bruce, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Bruce,

    When configuring a modem that is connected to (or internal to) a cisco
    router, don't use &W to write the modem configuration to the modem's
    NVRAM - rather, you should set the desired modem configuration in a
    chat script and use modem autoconfigure.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/76/9.html#modemconfig

    Cheers,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~
    ~ I wanna setup a router(2811) with a modem to remote dialin.
    ~
    ~
    ~ since the modem did not have dial tone at first, so I find the AT
    ~ command set and enter ats0=2&w0 in the modem, and later, it worked. I
    ~ can dailin this modem with tone.
    ~
    ~ but after I connected the router(AUX)--modem--phone line and dialin
    ~ again, the modem dont have any respond tone again.
    ~
    ~ I really confuese about this problem and dont know how to

    Aaron Leonard, Jan 17, 2006