modem dials, connects, NO TRAY ICON?!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Carl, May 27, 2005.

  1. Carl

    Carl Guest

    HI...re: dialup, .Conexant modem?OOPS.....MY PING DID not work, but apparently all DNS I used were
    bad...I'll try again.apparently this Dell with Windows ME, started dropping the dialup
    line.

    Then one day it would not hook in to the internet at all, even tho' it
    and the ISP connected. THERE IS NO MODEM ICON IN THE RIGHT TRAY!!!!
    There is no modem Icon in the right tray, yet if you click on the
    dial-up connection, it says its connected at 42,000.
    No error messages. The modem tests fine (ME Diagnostic reader) . I
    deleted the dialup adapter, modem, tcp/ip etc and reinstalled
    all....same thing. I also pulled the modem and re-inserted it into
    the slot. I also moved Internet Explorer from never dial to always
    dial etc and it brings up the dialer correctly.

    No "?" in the System strings.

    I will grab an old 14.4 and see if it works. I did not do a
    motherboard test. If the 14.4 does not work, I think my buddy needs a
    motherboard....no?

    Carl, May 27, 2005