Mobo On-Board Sound + PCI Sound Card?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John E, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. John E

    Phrederik Guest

    Phrederik, Dec 1, 2003

  2. John E

    Barry OGrady Guest

    The on board sound has it's own pci not shared.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Dec 1, 2003

  3. John E

    kony Guest

    Me too... have a nForce board's onboard Soundstorm working along with
    an old Ensoniq card, on XP, though I've never tried to use both
    simultaneously.

    Dave

    kony, Dec 1, 2003
  4. John E

    William Guest

    The computer can output sound to multiple devices simulataneously. The
    user sets a primary device or lets windows (if the operating system) use
    the audiomapper select the device. If another sound event occurs while the
    primary sound device is in use, the other installed sound device will
    output sound. I've had an SB16 and a Gravis Ultrasound enabled in my 486
    back in the day with win95 and it worked fine, as well as with 98SE.

    William, Dec 1, 2003
  5. John E

    thesodakid

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    So can I....

    hook up my mobo sound to my plasma tv so I can stream movies from the internet and still have my 6.1 surround speakers hooked to my Creative Soundblaster Live? Do I have to switch something on my computer to get the sound to my tv? Just to clarify, my computer is in my office with my surround sound speakers, my plasma is on the other side of the wall in my family room. I run my computer with a RF keyboard and can surf the net on my tv in my family room, but haven't figured out how to get sound to it without crawling behind my computer and unplugging my surround sound then plugging in my audio wire to my tv.

    thesodakid, Oct 1, 2007