    it to his TV cable and use my service????

    Would this work.

    BS

    Bolivar Shagnasti, Dec 4, 2003

  2. No duckie
    I am going to "housesit" for my son and his wife for a month.
    The have Cox Cable TV service but not internet service as I do at my home.

    Can I take my cable modem and laptop computer to his house and connect it to his TV cable and use my service????

    Would this work.

    BS

    Matthew Burley, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Bolivar Shagnasti

    Brian Guest

    There's a possibility of it working... depending on signal
    levels/noise... etc. If everything is OK with the signal, then it
    should work just fine. Of course the signal isn't something you can
    easily test unless you have the proper meters to test it.

    Brian

    Brian, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Since we are in the same area and use the same Cox cable service I
    thought it may work.

    I will take my modem over there and try it and if it works I will post
    the results here.

    Bolivar

    Bolivar Shagnasti, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Bolivar Shagnasti

    Billh Guest

    I have talked with the tech from my service and this can be done. With Cox
    being so large my guess it would only work in local area not say across the
    country.

    My understanding is the modem just has to be on the cable system it is not
    tied down to one house.

    Billh, Dec 5, 2003
  6. Bolivar Shagnasti

    Kráftéé Guest

    Normally it's tied to a 'node', so if your parents house is local to
    you it may work but if they are on the other side of town it most
    probably won't....

    Kráftéé, Dec 5, 2003