    it is hard to get access to telephone points let alone access to WiFi
    hotspots so a totally wireless solution would be excellent. Can anyone
    please advise me on best solution both, cost effective and hardware.

    Headtheball, Jul 21, 2004

  2. There are PCMCIA cellular cards. It's just a matter of subscribing to your
    cell provider's "data" plan, usually. Most cell phones can also be hooked up
    to a PC using a serial/USB cable, or Bluetooth. Of course this implies you
    are using the phone in an area covered by your provider (or one covered by
    their roaming agreements). Prices can be somewhat prohibitive though,
    depending on your needs.

    -BB

    Benoît Bousquet, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Headtheball

    Guest Guest

    Buy a panasonic roughbook if it serves your purpose.

    Centrino based Laptops are WiFi based. The likes of the toughbook use a modem and connect via the cellular phone network.

    Guest, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Headtheball

    Christian Guest

    Most likely a modem connected to the cellular system. All the cell
    companies have PCMCIA card modems with the small antennas.

    modem and connect via the cellular phone network.

    Christian, Jul 26, 2004