    static IP Address for the desktop and my laptop.
    Is it worth the trouble to change to WPA?
    Thanks for your response.

    Alexander, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Alexander

    Gary Tsang Guest

    You can activate WPA so long as all your other devices support it. You
    won't lose your other settings like port forwarding, mac filtering etc.

    Note that your wireless performance will be slower due to the added
    processing demands added to the MN700 for WPA encryption (in fact, it is so
    much that the MN700 isn't certified by wi-fi.org for WPA because it doesn't
    meet minimum performance criteria).

    --
    Gary Tsang
    http://www.gtsang.com

    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp

    Gary Tsang, Aug 17, 2006

  3. Alexander

    cpublaster Guest

    Just don't use Data Encryption. You don't have to , noone can get into your
    computer unless you allow someone to do so. Disable WEP and leave Network
    Authentication open. It's easy in that way.

    cpublaster, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Alexander

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Aug 18, 2006