    network and if so, what drivers are you using for them?

    Thanks!

    -Pete

    Pete Delgado, Jan 11, 2008

  2. Pete Delgado

    xinfli Guest

    1. I installed the boot loader with JTAG cable, and AFAIK, there isn't
    a way to install the boot loader without JTAG cable for MN-700;
    2. I'm using WPA now, I did not measure speed and range for my MN-700,
    but the signature is good while there is a wall between my laptop and
    MN-700;
    3. I'm using MN-730 now, and the driver I using is installed by
    MSBNDownload.exe which was downloaded from
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;814445&x=20&y=11.

    xinfli, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Pete Delgado

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jan 11, 2008
  4. Pete Delgado

    Pete Delgado Guest

    ....and it was a sad day in mudville when such a promising hardware line was
    discontinued!

    -Pete

    Pete Delgado, Jan 11, 2008
  5. Pete Delgado

    eyesofnova Guest

    What is the chances microsoft would be a dear and maybe post the source code
    for the firmware? Since they're not supporting it, it would do them no bad if
    they did release it. Infact, it help a thriving community of alternate
    firmware people like myself who own a mn700 and would like to come up with an
    easier way to hack their router. Any Microsoft heads out there listening?

    eyesofnova, Apr 2, 2008
  6. Pete Delgado

    Barb Bowman Guest

    the team that built the MS Broadband Home Networking Products was
    disbanded years ago. But it would seem unlikely in the extreme that
    even if they were around, that this code would be made available.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Apr 2, 2008