    Just "inherited" an MN-700 and am debating whether to go ahead and set this
    up or buy a completely new router altogether? Is the MN-700 secure,
    reliable, and worth keeping? Also, is it easy to set up?

    alvin, Dec 1, 2007

  2. alvin

    Chris H Guest

    The MN-700 really does only WEP security (not very) and one of the reasons
    the line is no longer (for several years) on the market is Microsoft
    couldn't get the WPA (let alone WPA-2) to pass muster. The newer model
    routers from different manufacturers are probably your better choice.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, Dec 1, 2007

  3. alvin

    alvin Guest

    Oh bummer it only has WEP. Can you recommend a router out in the market
    that's WPA able and most of all, easy to set up? I'm really not that tech
    savvy with networking equipment.

    alvin, Dec 1, 2007
  4. alvin

    Barb Bowman Guest

    with the last firmware MS released, WPA is available (not WPA2) but
    as Chris said, it couldn't pass certification. take a look at the
    D-Link DIR-655, or if you want a cream of the crop router, the
    D-Link DGL-4500.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP