    Could someone out there please help? Yes, I do have the latest firmware
    02.01.02.0590 installed.

    Thanks in advance.

    tom2011, Oct 1, 2006

  2. tom2011

    Chris H. Guest

    Are you having an issue with your Local Area Network, or the Internet
    connection? If the latter, I would ask your Internet Service Provider if
    they're resetting your connection on a certain schedule. If the LAN, take a
    look in the settings for renewing the leases, and push the time out as far
    as you can by changing it in the router's settings.

    Chris H., Oct 1, 2006

  3. tom2011

    tom2011 Guest

    I am losing both connections. When the router dies, I could not even
    get onto the admin site by 192.168.2.1.

    tom2011, Oct 1, 2006
  4. tom2011

    Chris H. Guest

    It just might be on its last legs, Tom. Mine was fine in operation for
    several years, then started "losing" connections and the range decreased.
    Eventually it got shelved because it became unreliable.

    Chris H., Oct 2, 2006
  5. tom2011

    tom2011 Guest

    Hmmm...

    It has been a few years already. May be it is time for a change!? It is
    doing a good job when not using running bit torrent programs. I used to
    lose wireless signal when I first brought it but didn't have the
    problem for a long while. I just thought may be it is related to number
    of connections allowed.

    tom2011, Oct 2, 2006
  6. tom2011

    Chris H. Guest

    Perhaps the sheer volume of transmission is being whacked. Is this wired or
    wireless on the program PC? If wireless, have you tried an Ethernet cable
    to see if there's a difference?

    Chris H., Oct 2, 2006
  7. tom2011

    tom2011 Guest

    The PC is wired.

    tom2011, Oct 2, 2006
  8. tom2011

    Pete Delgado Guest

    If I recall, there was a complaint some time ago about a bug in the firmware
    of the MN700 that caused the need for a reboot if a large number of
    different IP addresses + data were accessed within a given amount of time.
    I believe that one of the programs that was mentioned in that particular
    thread was bit torrent. Try not using bit torrent for a while and see if
    that relieves the problem.

    If it does relieve the problem, then you'll have to decide whether you want
    to keep the MN700 or bit torrent! :(

    -Pete

    Pete Delgado, Oct 2, 2006