    access point for wireless devices -- this of course is not what I want to do:
    I want the MN-500 to provide wired connectivity to computers and also to
    network wirelessly to the MN-700 (for DHCP addressing, NAT, and so on).

    DavidL, Nov 18, 2007

  2. DavidL

    Barb Bowman Guest

    no, the MN500 can't operate in that mode.
    and WEP is extremely unsafe. It can be broken in less time than it
    takes to read this message. you should use WPA2 or at least WPA. I'd
    recommend replacing the MN-700 since its performance with WPA was
    too slow to receive certification.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Nov 19, 2007

  3. DavidL

    Pete Delgado Guest

    Barb,
    If one were to use WEP, MAC filtering and not broadcast the SSID with an
    MN-700, isn't that "secure enough" for most uses?

    -Pete

    Pete Delgado, Dec 12, 2007
  4. DavidL

    Barb Bowman Guest