MN-510 & Vista

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by Rolando Ramirez, Sep 14, 2006.

  1. Anyone knows if Windows Vista includes drivers for the MN-510 adapter ?

    Rolando Ramirez, Sep 14, 2006

  2. Rolando Ramirez

    Chris H. Guest

    I'm sure it doesn't, Rolando. Microsoft phased out their broadband
    networking line a couple years back, and there's actually no department
    supporting the products any more. You might check the drivers available for
    the line here: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn If nothing else, you can
    try installing (if not recognized) in XP mode.

    Chris H., Sep 14, 2006

  3. Rolando Ramirez

    Eric Chew Guest

    There are no drivers for any of the Microsoft Networking products. however,
    you CAN use the drivers that come with the devices themselves. I'm using
    the 720 on my system with RC1 and its working just fine right now.

    Eric Chew, Sep 19, 2006
  4. Rolando Ramirez

    Chris H. Guest

    I believe you mean to say there are "no Vista-specific drivers" for
    Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware? There are drivers/install
    routines at the link I posted previously.

    Chris H., Sep 19, 2006
  5. Rolando Ramirez

    Eric Chew Guest

    Yup thats what I meant. However, did I miss something on that site that
    talks about installing them on Vista?

    Eric Chew, Sep 20, 2006
  6. Rolando Ramirez

    Chris H. Guest

    Nope, there isn't any information on Vista. However, "drivers" are still
    available for the products. You said, "There are no drivers for any of the
    Microsoft Networking products" which isn't correct. They're on the web site
    URL I posted. :cool: Slip of the keyboard, I suspect.

    Chris H., Sep 20, 2006